Must-See TV Results:
How designing a data-driven media-buying platform uncovers the true value for DRTV client
A DRTV agency wanted to design a data-driven TV media-buying platform that would enable them to help their clients maximize sales. They turned to Analytic Mix to:
- Distill the effects of TV from other media channels such as digital or radio
- Integrate both immediate and carry-over effects of TV
- Incorporate non-linear nature of TV effects into the analytic framework
- Bring finer TV-buying details into the algorithm, be it dayparts, national-local split, satellite vs. syndication, or value-add offerings
- Factor in the cyclical nature of product performance
Analytic Mix designed a cloud-based analytic architecture, allowing us to integrate various structured and unstructured data streams and analyze them cohesively. We then implemented the streams into a dashboard for use across the agency’s entire client base.
Our analysis and tools helped the agency demonstrate “true” value of TV to their clients. Our approach showed them how much additional revenue could be generated within the same budget, just by putting a more efficient planning and buying instrument in place. Most importantly, the optimization work revealed the revenue growth opportunity under different budget scenarios. Our agency clients were able to achieve 10-12% TV attributable revenue gain purely by adjusting allocations across TV stations, syndication shows, dayparts, and funnels (e.g., lower, mid, or upper funnels).
We can help you, too. Contact us.